When a car breaks down or gets into an accident out of the blue, having a trusted tow truck (รถยก, which is the term in Thai) nearby can save the day. No matter how long you’ve been driving or how new you are, it’s important to know the different kinds of tow truck s and how to choose the right one for your car. In this guide, we’ll show you the most important things to think about when choosing a tow truck, so you can be sure pulling will go smoothly and safely.
Different Kinds Of Tow Truck S Are:
- Flatbed tow truck s has a big, flat platform that can be tilted and lowered to the ground by a hydraulic system. This kind of tow truck is great for towing cars that have low ground clearance or whose wheels can’t be on the ground.
- Hook and Chain tow truck s: To secure the car being towed, hook and chain tow truck s use chains and hooks. In the past, they were used a lot, but now they aren’t as popular because they could damage the car being pulled. But they can still be used to pull broken or junk cars that aren’t safe to drive on the road.
Things To Think About When Picking A Tow Truck:
- Vehicle Compatibility: Make sure the tow truck you choose can handle the weight and size of your car. It should have the right amount of pulling power to move your car or truck without damaging it.
- Towing Distance: Think about how far you need to pull your car. For long-distance towing, a flatbed tow truck might be a better option because it gives your car more stability and less wear and tear.
- Reputation And Trustworthiness: Research and choose a towing company with a good reputation and a history of providing quick and professional service. You can make a better choice if you read reviews and ask friends and family for suggestions.
- Check to see if the towing company has the right insurance to cover any damage that might happen while the car is being towed. It will give you peace of mind and keep you from paying for anything unexpected.
Choosing the right tow truck is important to ensure your car is safe and secure while being towed. Think about the type of tow truck that will work best for you based on your car is compatibility, how far you need to be towed, and how well-known the company is. By making an informed decision, you can be sure that your car will be taken care of and get to its destination safely.